Greetings Friends! Fall has come to Table & Field and we are thrilled to be hosting Thanksgiving Entertaining: Celebrating the New Classics on Thursday November 12th at 6pm at the Fullerton Arboretum. For full details on this class, keep reading! But first, allow us to share are few updates, from both the table and the field….
Jonathan Dye is looking forward to coming down to teach the Thanksgiving 2015 class, and to seeing many familiar faces in the room. He’s been hard at work for Whole Foods Market in Oakland, learning about European Cheeses, wines, and food pairings! Wherever he is, in Orange County or the Bay Area, Jonathan always feels at home in the kitchen.
Jonathan Davis recently took a trip home and snapped a shot of gorgeous Canadian fall foliage. He’s back now and hard at work on his Aguanga homestead. Check out his Facebook page for updates on his latest projects!
Now back to the November class at Fullerton Arboretum…. It’s our FINAL class of the year, and so promises to be a festive extravaganza. As usual, the class includes instruction for each dish, printed recipe packet, a plated multi course dinner and wine. The menu for the evening includes:
Pumpkin Stuffed with Everything Good, Green Bean Bundles with Bacon and Brown Sugar, Winter Vegetable Gratin with Gruyere, Herbs de Provence Roast Turkey Roulade, Madeira Gravy, Cranberry Port Gelee, Maple-Bourbon Pumpkin Pie with Spice-Infused Whipped Cream
And your eyes do not deceive you, this menu IS quite a bit larger than our usual offerings. Our hope is that this expanded menu will provide our guests with a hearty repertoire of dishes to be used in any holiday meal, from now through year’s end!
And as many of you know, Table & Field LOVES fall food and has been posting recipes and musing here for several years. Here is a quick round up of some of our favorite “Fall Food Posts” from years past:
- Jonathan Dye’s Pumpkin Puree Tutorial & Recipe for Classic Pumpkin Pie – A delectable deep dish pumpkin pie!
- Savory Stuffed Pumpkin – A perennial favorite!
- A Gourmet’s Guide to Gourds & Squash – Fall produce is amusing, but confusing! Check out our helpful guide.
- Jonathan Duffy Davis’ Dry-Brined & Whole Roasted Thanksgiving Turkey – Get a headstart on your Thanksgiving centerpiece!
- The Great Squash Soup Duel: Roast Pumpkin Soup vs. Simple Squash Bisque – The Jonathans go head-to-head in this gourmet gourd-off.
- Rosemary Maple Bourbon Sour – Something different for those fall happy hours.
Browse through our Fall Gallery below for a bit more autumn inspiration. We hope to see everyone in class on November 12th!
– Table & Field